Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I Believe in the Philippines



 
http://images.gmanews.tv/v3/webpics/v3/2013/06/320_2013_06_11_17_20_11.jpg


I believe in the Philippines, a developing country in Southeast Asia, made up of 7,100 islands, and populated by more than 90 million Filipinos, which celebrates its 115th year of independence today, June 12, in its endeavors to become a bright and shining country. This is not a dream, nor a fantasy; this is a belief, a fact, and a truth.

I believe in the Filipino people, that one of these days that they too may believe in their country. And strive to take a part to make it better.

I believe in the Filipino family that will remain strong and firm, in spite of the many hardships in life. I hope that our values as a family oriented people will not change. That through thick and thin a family will get through all trials and challenges.


http://www.pinoy-ofw.com/news
/wp-content
/uploads/2011/03
/filipino-workers-libya.jpg


I believe that the millions of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) and the many more who have taken root abroad, may find their way back to their motherland, that they will no longer be separated from their families that they work hard to feed. That they may find greener pastures here to finally settle down here, permanently.








https://encrypted-
tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=
tbn:ANd9GcQekwWU5qXCxVNznpX2Awkgog
7uXDMrqsZ-
nLYwWjmPjnV9Uqw-


I believe in a Philippines where food is made available to all, where food that was worked hard for will not simply be shipped to another country, but to be delivered to the plates of every hungry Filipino.








http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lclgzd3XGk1qbyfdio1_500.jpg
  


I  believe in a Philippines that will have enough houses for everyone to have a roof above their heads, a Philippines that will not sell its land to build large extravagant malls, but will instead build homes for the poor.






I believe in the Philippines potential to become a competitive economy. The country is one of the most 
blessed nations in the world, for it has a vast array of both human and natural resources waiting to be explored. In fact, the country is one of the fastest growing economies, proven  by its 7.8% growth, besting its neighbors.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj108XATV4MLgI669ye6DKX30RVPgDmPS_8a1rutBew0cintJ6EDifXMhdM4sMdRhVkGUjcD83F5fMP_DV5pSJrQaC22sIyYn2Gr0u6w4udzFEcImH7YxpzePm2biYhkJgXS9HuG1GRcNs/s1600/1.jpg


I also believe in a people, who will carefully manage these resources carefully. I believe that they will not abuse Mother Nature who has blessed them so much. I believe that they will only take what they need and preserve the rest for the next generations.

I believe in a country where everyone can enjoy a comfortable life, a country where no one will steal from another, but instead help each other.  No longer will the poor get poorer and the rich richer, but we will all live a prosperous life, together.

I believe in the endeavors of the Philippine government in thwarting corruption which has plagued and crippled the country for so long. I also believe that those who steal from the country may find in their hearts to turn away from their ways and serve the nation that way they should.

I believe in a country that thrives in diversity. A nation where differences are accepted that whoever you are, you can find a place in society.

http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/files/2011/11/t1114dayaw_feat8_2.jpg


I believe in a harmonious Philippines, where war between people of different opinion, sect and faction is nonexistent. I believe that no blood must be shed, that conflicts may never occur, through mutual understanding and respect for each other.

I believe in the Philippines’ convictions in claiming its territorial rights, that it should not be intimidated by any giant. I believe that through diplomacy and multilateral talks, that it may get its rightful property, without ever firing a single bullet.

I believe that through free quality education, made accessible to every Filipino, will produce and mold the bright minds of our country. I believe that six percent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) should be invested in education. Through education people will be brought out of the darkness of ignorance and be brought into the light of wisdom.

http://harveykeh.files.wordpress.com/2011/05/we-heart.jpg


I strongly, firmly, and, with all my heart believe, that the people who will pave the way to a better Philippines are the youth. It’s through these young optimistic people that the Philippines may achieve its goals. I believe that they’re determination and tenacity will pay off. The youth are the catalyst to change. It is they who will lead us to a brighter tomorrow.


I believe in a Philippines that will get better, and I believe it will be, soon.

Please do follow me on twitter  @adrianastorga26
And like my facebook page : Adrian James Astorga
Also please do subscribe to my blog, and add me on your google plus circles. 

No comments:

.post-body { -webkit-touch-callout: none; -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none; }