Monday, April 29, 2013

The Best "Douchebag" I've ever had

taken at Vikings SM The Block, we almost died because we were so FULL! 




“A friend knows all the stupid things you’ve done,
                A true friend is the one that you do stupid things with.”

True friends piss you off. They don’t try to please you or anything. They’re not like your acquaintances, who try all they can to get to your good side. True friends will stop at nothing to make your entire day miserable.

But, when they do go away, you feel sort of empty. It is as if your day isn’t complete. There is that pang in your stomach, searching for something.

This is Rod, and he is a douchebag. He ticks me off. He makes fun of me, in front of a lot of people, even in front of girls I try to hit on. It’s no joke when I say that not a day goes by that he makes a sarcastic comment about you.
We’ve been through a lot. We’ve been friends since grade school, seven years to be exact. In fact we first met, when I came behind him, tapped him on the shoulders and said,

“I hate you,” surprised I was when he replied,

“I hate you too!” And as if by instinct we said in unison,

“What a coincidence!” We’ve been stuck together ever since.

It’s a mystery how we lasted. How such a friendship started out so oddly, perplexes me even today! 

A few weeks ago, Rod left the Philippines to study abroad, did I forget to mention that this guy is a genius? Only that he is too lazy to study.





We spent the entire month before his flight, trying to wrap things up between the two of us, since I won’t be seeing him for a very, very long time.

The night before his flight, we ate a feast, I slept over at his place, well we didn’t actually sleep. But during the wee hours of the morning we said what needed to be said, our last farewells.

The moment came when he, together with his mom and grandmother, drove off. I was content, I didn’t feel sad or anything, actually I feel happy for Rod, and opportunity to study abroad is a rare opportunity indeed. I keep on telling him NOT to SCREW UP.

Then it hit me while I was on my way home, it dawned to me, a sad reality. That there won’t be a person to make fun of you when you do something stupid, a person who text messages you for no apparent reason but to annoy you, a person who makes bad days even worse.

We had our god times, well, mostly because we laugh a lot at my expense. You know, when I trip he laughs, when I stutter in front of a girl I like he laughs even harder, when I’m running across the hallway trying to make to class, he laughs the hardest.

I’m a little sad, sad that we won’t be seeing each other in 8-15 years. But as Richard Bach puts it:

“Never be dismayed at goodbyes,
            A farewell is necessary before you can meet again,
  And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes,
            Are certain,
for those who are friends.”



Please do follow me on twitter  @adrianastorga26
And like my facebook page : Adrian James Astorga
Also please do subscribe to my blog, and add me on your google plus circles. 

No comments:

.post-body { -webkit-touch-callout: none; -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none; }