Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I am (finally) a GRADUATE!


I am (finally) a GRADUATE!


Four years of hardwork and perseverance finally pay off as I come up the stage and receive my much coveted diploma.

posing beside me is my mom and my aunt who has helped me a lot to get where I am today. 


A journey four years in the making


Ten, te, te, te, ten, ten, ten, te, te, te, tennnn,nenen, ten ten ten ten ten, ten  tenennen tenenen tenenenennnnnnn!!!

The music is solemn and loud as 870 seniors walk up the aisle not to get married, but to graduate.  

I celebrate graduation with mixed emotions. I am extremely delighted to have graduated as an honor student, yet also saddened by the fact that me and my beloved batchmates, have to part ways. Each and every one of us will pursue our dreams and sadly, we won’t be seeing each other for a long, long time.

Four years seemed to have come so soon. Wasn’t it only yesterday that I entered the doors of F. Torres High School as a freshie? And now, as I bow at the stage, after I have received my diploma, I glance at the oval, staring  at all my classmates, my family, and my teachers, and say to myself:

“This is it.”


That moment when you receive that diploma, is the culmination of all those
sleepless nights, days of empty wallets, and hours of effort. You have to admit, its one helluva feeling.



Four years, so long, yet so short. Up until now, I still wake up early get my towel and my uniform for my shower, and as I go out the shower, I pick up my uniform  then stop short in my tracks, and I do a facepalm:

“Wait a minute, there is no more school.”


I reap the rewards of my effort


My name is spoken, “Adrian James Astorga” I go up the stage once more, not to receive my diploma, but to receive my medals, “First Honorable Mention.” I carry in my left arm, my mom, through hardships and problems have always been there for me. 


the Faculty of FTHS, bestow upon me numerous medals. 


It is a great honor indeed to be an honor student of the 100th batch of Excellence of Torres High School, yes you read it right, Torres celebrates it’s 100th commencement exercise.  Also another honor it is, to introduce the guest speaker, none other than, Manila City Mayor Alfredo Lim. 


I introduce the guest speaker, Mayor Alfredo Lim


Hands clap, and my medals are put over my neck. This is a great achievement for me indeed. I am thankful, very very thankful. I would have never gotten this far on my own, there were a lot of people that helped me, my mom, my aunt, teachers, and a lot of friends. 


presenting the honor graduates of the 100th batch of Excellence 


The end of a journey and the beginning of another

my mom and I solemnly sing the Torres March
As we sing the Torres March, together with my mom, who was also a graduate of THS, that feeling of sadness sets in, knowing that this would be the last time you'll sing the Torres March as a student. I try all my might to sing it with fervor, with solemnity, and with dignity.



And now, marching out of the oval, after a few pictures with my friends, I look back. The empty oval, my home for the last 4 years, but, the bird has to leave the nest right?




This journey was an adventure I wished, would've never stop, but it has too. I know the next journey would be even more difficult than the last-- College.





Please do follow me on twitter  @adrianastorga26
And like my facebook page : Adrian James Astorga
Also please do subscribe to my blog, and add me on your google plus circles. 

No comments:

.post-body { -webkit-touch-callout: none; -khtml-user-select: none; -moz-user-select: -moz-none; -ms-user-select: none; user-select: none; }